You did it ~ you made it to the end!
Thank you for joining me!
A couple of tips for putting the top together ~
- Have you ever made a quilt with vertical rows? This is how Frosty Friends is assembled. Two of the rows begin and end with those half blocks that you made. That’s how the Snowmen are a half step down from each other.
- Some of the seams will nest, some will not. Many of the seams are pressed open to reduce bulk where they meet another block. There are suggested pressing directions in the pattern on the lay out page. Follow the arrows, or if something else works for you, go for it!
Accent and Float Borders
- After the center of the top is sewn together, then it’s time for the Float Border (use your background fabric). These strips are cut WOF (width of fabric) and pieced with a diagonal seam.
- Be sure to measure your quilt top before you add the borders.
- I recommend pinning each side before you sew. If you take the time to do it this way, your borders will fit your quilt and it will lay flat.
- I always sew the side borders on first. Just my preference, I like the top and bottom borders to be longer than the center of the quilt.
- Next is the Accent Border. These strips are also cut WOF and pieced diagonally.
- This quilt has cornerstones, so you need to cut the borders for BOTH the top and bottom, AND the sides before sewing any of the borders to the top.
- Add the cornerstones to the top and bottom border strips, press toward the border.
- Sew the side borders on first, then the top and bottom.
- Repeat: Be sure to measure your quilt top before you add the borders. I recommend pinning each side before you sew. If you take the time to do it this way, your borders will fit your quilt and it will lay flat.
- The outer border is cut on the Length of the Fabric. I cut these 6″ wide, but really, it’s personal preference. Cut them narrower if you like them that way.
- There is enough to cut the binding on the length as well. You’ll need to piece these strips diagonally also.
- Click here to purchase the Frosty Friends PDF Pattern.
- Click here to purchase the Frosty Friends Paper Pattern.
- Quilt Along links
- Subscribe to the blog
- Join our FB group ~ Sewing with Celine
- Check out our videos on YouTube.
If you need to work at your own pace, no worries! I would love to see your progress! Please post in the Sewing with Celine group on Facebook!