Introducing Bomber Hat Snowman!
- Background: Be sure to press the seams open! You will avoid any issues with blocks that are neighbors, it will make pressing the top much easier when you get to the quilt assembly steps. The background is bigger than the finished block. Appliqué the snowman first, then trim the block to size. This accomodates any shrinking from the appliqué process.
- Fusing the Applique Shapes:
- Use an applique pressing sheet or parchment paper to build and fuse your snowman. Then fuse the entire snowman with hat and scarf to the background fabric.
- Fuse the Hat together first, then fuse Hat to the Snowman.
- Fuse the scarf pieces together lightly where they overlap, then fuse to Snowman.
- Mark the button and eye placement lightly with a pencil before fusing to the background.
- Note where FABRIC #1 is positioned before you fuse – this snowman background is rotated.
- Finger press the vertical centers of the snowman body and place on the background; align with center vertical seam.
- Wait until you have the hat on to fuse to the background. The hats are all different heights and will affect the vertical placement of the snowmen on the background block.
- Machine Applique: I waited until all of my Snowmen were fused before I did the decorative stitching. That way you can set your machine up, get your tension, thread and needle size right and go for it. More on that later.
- Template making Video: Here is a quick video on how I make cardstock templates using freezer paper and file folders. Click HERE.
Pieced Block #6~ Double Sawtooth Star
The Part 6 block is a double Sawtooth Star block; you will make two of these.
- This is a fun block made from Flying Geese units and squares. It’s all in how they are arranged.
- Be sure to pay attention to the pressing directions! The seams will nest like magic.
- Click here to purchase the Frosty Friends PDF Pattern.
- Click here to purchase the Frosty Friends Paper Pattern.
- Quilt Along links
- Subscribe to the blog
- Join our FB group ~ Sewing with Celine
- Check out our videos on YouTube.
I’ll be posting every week on Thursday and we will be on track to finish in early April. If you need to work at your own pace, no worries!